No other global pharmaceutical company is focused solely on the brain. Lundbeck’s global legacy in neuroscience goes back six decades, and with it comes a tremendous level of expertise, commitment and energy – not to mention, responsibility to patients. We are radically changing the future, investing in long-term plays in research. As we define tomorrow, there is no question that the here and now is critical to bridge the future. Therefore, we continue to bring forward therapies to address symptomatic improvements to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments in pursuit of a cure.
Lundbeck continues to form international partnerships that can maximize research and development as well as the company’s ability to deliver therapies to patients. Lundbeck entered into an alliance with Takeda in September 2007 to develop and commercialize a portfolio of compounds in the U.S. and Japan for treatment of mood and anxiety disorders. In 2011, Lundbeck formed a global alliance with Otsuka to co-develop and co-commercialize two late-stage psychiatry products in the U.S. and other markets, as well as up to three other early stage innovative psychiatric and neuroscience compounds from Lundbeck’s pipeline.
In the past seven years, Lundbeck has launched three psychiatry products addressing schizophrenia and major depressive disorder.
Lundbeck operates within a unique corporate ownership structure: our company is 70% owned by a foundation established by the wife of our founder to ensure our continued ability to conduct difficult and time-intensive research. The Lundbeck Foundation contributes nearly $100 million to life sciences research each year and an additional 1 million euro for The Brain Prize to advance neuroscience research.
The Associate Director, Marketing will act as the brand lead to coordinate activities of the Trintellix commercial team to set and reinforce brand strategy in collaboration with an alliance partner. Creating and executing strategic brand plans will be accomplished by leading and facilitating groups, such as the consumer team, to ensure that work streams are well integrated within the team. In addition, the role will drive projects as an individual contributor, such as driving brand execution of the HCP professional strategy. This individual will work as the brand lead to coach and develop direct reports in the development of strategic and tactical marketing skills, as well as set and evolve strategy for the brand as it relates to sales and professional strategies. This individual will need to establish strong relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs), and manage / lead others to direct customer-facing programs in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders.
This role will collaborate with and influence individuals and groups, such as following, as they execute their role: alliance partners, the Trintellix brand team, the field sales organization, the sales training team, market research, compliance, medical affairs, legal and PARC.
* Lead direct reports to strategic and operational excellence by ensuring coordination across the team and maximizing results for the brand
* Manage direct reports across brand work streams including HCP strategy, sales strategies, brand communication to the sales force, and brand planning
* Help the team prioritize initiatives and activities
* Lead, manage and coach direct reports
* Collaboratively lead development of brand strategy by utilizing sound marketing principles and available market research
* Proactively consider and identify new strategies, tactics and vendors to challenge the team’s thinking and raise the level of performance, ultimately finding ways to do more with less
* Establish strong strategic relationships with KOLs to understand how to best communicate the value of the brand
* Work collaboratively with direct reports, cross-brand leads, and finance to build and manage the overall brand budget
* Coach team to establish ways to measure impact, reports results, and adjust plans accordingly
* Work closely with others to plan and execute the strategic planning process
* Work closely with sales and cross-functional partners to monitor the progress of the brand and adjust, when necessary, to increase revenue and achieve overall brand success
* Develop and execute HCP strategy through sales meetings, advisory boards, consultant meetings, non-personal promotion and direct-to-sales-force communications
* Ensure all marketing projects are compliant and have obtained necessary approvals through the appropriate medical, legal, and regulatory process
Cross-Functional Collaboration and Influence
* Effectively implement promotional materials and programs by providing appropriate direction to sales training and the field organization
* Develop cross-department support of the brand by coordinating with sales, sales training, market research, medical affairs, and public relations
* Collaborate with sales leadership, sales training and the sales teams, as well as other cross-functional groups, to: communicate brand strategies, ensure all groups are aligned with the brand critical success factors, and monitor the progress of the brand
* Partner with medical, legal and regulatory affairs to communicate reasons for strategic and tactical plans, obtain concept buy-in before developing a new initiative, and working collaboratively to successfully launch initiatives
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
* 8+ years of sales, marketing or other relevant commercial or analytical experience
* 5+ years of pharmaceutical/medical/healthcare product brand marketing or other pharmaceutical/medical/healthcare product commercial leadership experience
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and as a leader of a team
* Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships
* Ability to influence others and build consensus, both within and outside of the organization
* Ability to manage multiple projects and cross-functional teams simultaneously
* Strong knowledge of, and experience with managing operational budgets and plans
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Products, namely Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* MBA or Master’s Degree
* People leadership experience with direct reports in pharma marketing, sales, or commercial function
* Experience and knowledge of U.S. marketing and brand management
* Experience and knowledge of depression or psychiatric conditions
* Experience working with alliance partners
* Experience managing performance of an in-market brand
* Background in biosciences as demonstrated on the job or through educational training
* Knowledge of the AMA, ACCME, PhRMA and FDA regulations associated with promotion and industry-supported scientific education activities
* Willingness/Ability to travel approximately 30% domestically. International travel may be required.