No company knows the brain better. Lundbeck is uncompromisingly committed to the research, development and delivery of targeted therapies for people living with significant psychiatric and neurological disorders. At Lundbeck, we believe life is too beautiful to be interrupted by brain disorders. So, we pursue imaginative solutions, driven by passionate people committed to do the right thing for our patients, our company and our communities. Lundbeck strives to be a leader in depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
For Lundbeck, making a meaningful difference for patients is more than an aspiration: it is a commitment that shapes everything we do. Our advocacy for patients isn’t an invented “company value” – it is at the core of who we are and motivates every individual at Lundbeck. Our ongoing engagement with patient communities is not what you might expect from a pharmaceutical company – we create our own programs to help patients and caregivers not simply manage their conditions but thrive in spite of them.
The Associate Director, Medical Training is responsible for close and continuous collaboration with key stakeholders within the Medical Affairs organization (Medical Directors, MSL Teams, Medical Information, Publications, Grants/Contracts) as well as key stakeholders across the organization (e.g. Commercial) to achieve training and education business objectives. The Associate Director, Medical Training leads the development and implementation of training for the Medical Affairs Organization.
* Collaborates within the Medical Affairs organization to lead, develop, implement, and deploy resources, education, and training programs consistent with the overarching Medical Affairs strategy and product strategies.
* Collaborates with key stakeholders across the Medical Affairs organization to understand, and prioritize resources, education, and training needs.
* Attends internal business meetings to gain deep understanding of product strategies and tactics in order to develop and implement a robust training and education plan for the Medical Affairs organization.
* Serves as point-person for Commercial regarding Commercial-related education and training needs (e.g., POAs, Advisory Boards, Sales Training, etc.); responsible for vetting the needs of Commercial within the broader Medical Affairs organization, and deploying the appropriate resources for the task.
* Develops deep customer insights to identify gaps and needs for internal education and training.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
* Advanced accredited scientific degree (MD, Pharm.D., PhD, or NP)
* 5+ years of healthcare experience (e.g., academic and/or industry), with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience
* Experience in the CNS therapeutic area
* Excellent demonstrated abilities in collaboration, building relationships, and teamwork across multiple departments within a pharmaceutical company
* Superior oral and written communication skills
* Results-oriented with a proven track record of leadership
* Ability to master complexity
* Flexibility to adapt and meet the changing/growing needs of the organization
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload when facing multiple tasks, deadlines, and competing demands
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Experience as an MSL
* Experience in the Neurology and/or Psychiatry therapeutic areas
* Experience in clinical practice, research, or teaching
* Knowledge of interactive technologies for learning (podcast, iPad Apps, Lync, Skype, etc)
* Knowledge of IT platforms such as Veeva, OpenVoice, and Sharepoint
* Willingness/Ability to travel up to 30% domestically. International travel may be required.