The manufacturing technician will optimize and produce Nuprobe proprietary consumables, including a fluidic chip for highly multiplexed real-time PCR. The successful candidate will initially produce consumables for internal research and development (R&D) use, and later for external early-adopter customers.
- Surface chemistry modification of glass slides
- Microarrayer spotting of DNA reagents
- Laser-cutting of polymer films and glass slides
- Fluidic chip assembly
- Systematic documentation of batch numbers and inventory
Required qualifications and experience:
- B.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Surface chemistry, especially with silane modification
- Click chemistry, including copper-free methods
- Process engineering or optimization
About Our Organization:
Nuprobe is a molecular diagnostics startup with proprietary technology to allow highly sensitive and multiplexed PCR and NGS analysis of DNA and RNA samples. Founded by world-leading experts in biomolecular engineering, NuProbe is a venture-backed company that brings together cutting-edge innovations in molecular engineering with leading scientific expertise and management to take on one of the world’s greatest challenges — non-invasive early detection of rare genetic variants in patients. NuProbe will take a multi-platform approach to apply this breakthrough technology capability in precision medicine to cancer diagnostics and infectious disease screening. Nuprobe has two sites in Boston, USA (research and development) and Guangzhou, China (manufacturing and distribution).