Position Title: Consumer Loan Officer
Reports to: Consumer Loan Manager
Status: Regular Full-Time
Reviews, analyzes and decisions consumer loans and credit card applications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Processes and decisions loan applications received via branch, internet, phone, and indirect channels according to credit union policy and compliance regulations.
- Interacts with members via Smart Office technology, Internet, telephone and e-mail to explain loan products and services, complete loan applications and fund loans.
- Creates membership account and loan, funding, and sending out welcome packets and welcome letters to new members.
- Expedites the loan process by contacting members to arrange loan issuance via electronic delivery channels- facsimile, e-mail or via expedited mail delivery.
- Reviews assigned Qs in central lending and internet platforms; make follow up calls to pending loan applicants; obtain documents to close loans.
- Performs quality control review of issued loans on computer system and review loan paperwork for completeness and proper signature.
- Cross sells credit union products and services.
- Proficient on e-Oscar, CPI and title processes and systems.
- Processes extension, re-write and change in term requests.
- Assists members and staff with loan related questions or issues.
- Assists with staff training as needed.
- Provides quality member service to members and credit union staff.
- Reviews lending reports, analyze, and correct errors as directed by manager.
- Assists Lending Department with projects and daily responsibilities as needed.
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook and system products including Symitar, Synapsys, Synergy and Meridian Link.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Strong math aptitude. Advanced mathematic skills multiplication, division, percentages required.
- Periodic lifting of up to thirty-five pounds may be required.
- Bending, squatting, twisting, kneeling and reaching above and below the shoulder may be required.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in lending or financial institution preferred.
- Knowledge of consumer lending and loan products.
- Ability to read and analyze a credit report.
- Knowledge of mortgage lending helpful.
- Thorough knowledge of TFCU’s products and service.