Director/Senior Director Immunology AAV/Gene Editing
Location: Bedford, MA
The AAV Immunologist will work in a project team environment. Internally, she or he will interface directly with multiple functional areas including preclinical research, clinical development, regulatory, bioinformatics and molecular genomics, target biology, and vector production. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of immune-based assay strategies supporting Homology’s preclinical and clinical programs. Externally, she or he will also liaison to external alliance partners, CROs, vendors, academics, and others.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Lead the development of an immune-based strategy to characterize Homology’s AAVHSC vectors preclinically and prepare for transition to the clinic.
- Play active hands-on role in investigating the host immune response to our novel AAVHSC vectors (Elispot, neutralizing antibody assays, etc) employing a variety of modern molecular/cell biology techniques
- Oversee the external development of nonclinical immune-assays supporting clinical development programs
- Managing data, maintaining databases and electronic notebooks as the projects advance through the research pipeline.
- Manage external project communications in order to provide up-to-date project information and documentation to the team.
- Company representative for management of programs at external CROs, academic centers, and research partners.
- Preparation, shipping, and documentation of reagents (dosing solutions etc.) for external collaborations
- Some travel may be required.
Skills and Experience
- PhD preferred, training in immunology is essential, background in viral gene therapy and AAV is preferred.
- Hands on experience in wide variety of molecular techniques including FACS, Elispot, ddPCR, qPCR techniques, tissue culture etc.
- In vivo animal model expertise (dosing, blood draws, tissue harvests, necropsy)
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize tasks in a timely and accurate manner, and to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- Prior Biotech/Pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Computer programs systems: Highly Proficient with the following MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Outlook or similar calendar system, GraphPad Prism, familiarity with MS Project, SharePoint, WebEx (or other similar systems).
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to
or apply on line
Homology Medicines, Inc. (HMI) has built foundational intellectual property on gene editing and gene therapy vectors derived from naturally occurring human adeno-associated viruses (AAVs). The Company's technology is precise, on-target and highly efficient for in vivo editing of genetic mutations. This transformative platform technology, combined with an elite leadership team of biopharmaceutical industry veterans, create a significant opportunity for HMI to rapidly advance a diverse pipeline of new medicines that address and potentially cure the underlying cause of genetic diseases.
Location/Region: Bedford, MA