Title: Team Leader IV Room
City, State: Birmingham,AL
Location: St Vincent’s Birmingham
Department: Pharmacy Services General
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Days 80 hours Bi-Weekly
St. Vincent’s Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s East, St. Vincent’s St. Clair, St. Vincent’s One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent’s Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
The Team Leader IV Room leads assigned staff in performing activities or tasks in pharmacy services.
- Leads or coordinates shift operations of assigned activities, resources, and/or associates.
- Serves as a technical or functional resource and performs similar duties with staff.
- Assigns, monitors and reviews progress of work. Monitors and reports compliance with policies and/or procedures.
- Oversees and evaluates orientation and training of assigned associates. May provide input in the review and evaluation of staff performance.
- Produce policies and procedures which are consistent with current best management practices and regulations involving sterile compounding. Oversee the environmental sampling programs for the primary and secondary engineering controls and physical structure in sterile compounding areas to ensure that current regulations are met. Perform personnel monitoring (i.e. gloved fingertip and media fill competencies) to ensure compliance with aseptic technique processes.
- Provide and document training in various areas of aseptic processes (i.e. hazardous drug preparation, use of automated compounding devices, and preparation of pediatric stock solutions) and specialized IV therapies (i.e. oncology, nutrition, etc.).
- Assist in the management, performance and scheduling of sterile compounding staff. Oversee Department of Pharmacy services related to TPN and hazardous drug therapies.
- Serves as a source of sterile compounding information, including handling and administration of preparations, for the pharmacy, medical and other hospital staff. Serve as a preceptor for pharmacy students and pharmacy practice residents.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacist credentialed from the Alabama Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Parenteral Certification required.
Doctorate (professional) Graduate from a College of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) required
- Bachelor’s Level Degree
- Graduate from a College of Pharmacy accredited by the American council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) OR
- One year Pharmacist experience in a hospital setting required. Completion of Post Graduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency Program preferred.
How To Apply
Applicants may proceed by clicking on the “Apply Now”.
To apply later, return to the Career page at www.stvhs.com
In addition, you may apply via one of our Employment computers in the following locations: Human Resources located at St. Vincent’s Birmingham, 806 St. Vincent’s Drive, Birmingham, AL 35205 (4thfloor in Building 1) 8:00am – 2:00pm
Human Resources located at St. Vincent’s East, 50 Medical Park East Drive, Suite 259, Birmingham, AL 35235 (2ndfloor) 8:00am – 2:00pm
Administration office at St. Vincent’s Blount, 150 Gilbreath Drive, Oneonta, AL 35121 9:00am-3:00pm
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Candidate Care at 855-778-6037.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent’s and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent’s and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have additional questions about your application process , you may contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent’s participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
About this company
St. Vincent’s Health System encourages its nurses to provide personalized, compassionate care for all patients, regardless of what they’re struggling with, and we give you the resources and support to do it. We want a collaborative environment, where nurses work side-by-side with skilled providers in both patient care and deciding policy. We believe in balancing high-touch with high-tech, and that reputation draws patients to us from more than 40 Birmingham-area zip codes. When you join St. Vincent’s you become part of Ascension, the nation’s largest non-profit and largest faith-based health system, which is recognized nationally for its commitment to quality, safety and healing.
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL (US)