OREGON DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Senior Systems Data Analyst – Information Systems Specialist 7
ODOT's Information Systems Branch (ISB) is recruiting for an IS senior systems data analyst (information systems specialist 7) to provide senior-level analysis expertise for the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) program. The Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) unit is responsible for public facing systems like TripCheck.com and the 511 Travel Conditions telephone number. The ITS program supports ODOT's Traveler Information Systems, Incident Management Systems and Traffic Management Systems. In addition, ITS is responsible for many internal mission critical ODOT systems that interact with roadside devices such as video cameras, digital freeway signs, ramp meters, and more. ODOT operations staff use these systems to communicate weather, incident and other event information with both the public and regional emergency responders.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide systems analysis expertise and leadership for new development and/or enhancements of ITS information systems. The person in this position is responsible for supporting individuals and project groups through the creation, acquisition, and maintenance of cost-effective and timely computer systems and programs for large client-server systems that affect multiple agencies throughout the state.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate stakeholder requirements gather workshops and meetings with business customers.
- Organize requirements and collaborate with software developers to ensure functional specifications satisfy approved requirements
- Develop test plans and test cases. Conduct functional testing, logging defects and coordinating resolution with the development team.
Software (Customer Assistance)
- Diagnose user problems, up to and including system crashes, and ensure resolution by working with programmers to fix the software.
- Analyze business needs for the development of software that changes business processes. Primary responsibility includes software requirements and data analysis.
- Diagnose complex system problems and crashes.
- Monitor and evaluate application post-implementation performance and implement application modifications/adjustments as needed.
- Identify corrupt or problematic data issues for mission critical systems; evaluate and execute actions to resolve errors.
- Contact multiple vendors regarding project related problems and resolve or escalates problems as needed; coordinate with vendors, external agencies, customers and IS to schedule resources to implement solutions.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to document business processes ("as-is" and "to-be") and for new development initiatives.
- Work with technical leads and architects to develop alternative solutions by researching existing systems, programs, procedures and pertinent customer data.
We appreciate your interest in this position. To apply, please go to www.odotjobs.com and search ODOT18-1496oc or click here.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Location/Region: Salem, OR