Job Purpose: This individual’s primary role is to manage a speakers bureau team with the support and direction of Speakers Bureau Operations Director or Sr. Director, including team management, primary brand team daily contact, financial reporting and management, analytical report development, and interaction and coordination with other internal departments (including traffic, creative, medical services, editorial, and meeting planning).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the meetings managers and other support team members who manage execution of
~1200 events annually including:
- Liaise with client’s sales force and speakers regarding allevents.
- Manage financials for all programs to ensure alignment with client budget and complianceguidelines.
- Coordinate full-service program logistics,including:
- Data entry and client communications.
- Deliver first class customer service in line with clients’objectives.
- Ensure delivery of all events in accordance with regulatory, Evolution, and client-defined compliance guidelines both pre- andpost-event.
- Track financial progress of assigned programs and takes a role in communication status to clients, preparation and participation in regular finance meetings, supporting and overseeing project billing with appropriate support and supervision, proactively identifying and proposing solutions for financial issues on client projects. Will be asked to participate in monthly forecastingexercises.
- Participate in all business planning sessions; research information, compile statistics, gather and compute variousdata.
- Oversee speaker bureau assigned teams and their work. Provide ongoing direction and mentoring on all assignedprojects.
- Develop and manage interdepartmental relationships; establishes strong relationships, successfully executes projects with this interdepartmental group, manage conflict appropriately, and proposes solutions to issues as theyarise.
- Proactively develop and prepare spreadsheets and presentations asneeded.
- Serve as team lead/supervisor for meeting managers to ensure adherence to and consistency in policies and procedures.
- Provide event status reports regularly to the meeting director and actively participate in weekly status meetings.
- Proactively signal challenges and concerns, with proposed solutions, to meeting director and VP, Operations.
- Regularly offer suggestions for process and systemimprovement.
- Coordinate with support staff to ensure seamless execution of ancillary program logistics and materials:
- Invitations creation and fulfillment forprograms;
- Attendee pre and post programmanagement;
- Distribution and collection of onsitematerials;
- Recruitment and registration services
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of speakers bureau event management experience required in the pharmaceuticalindustry.
- Minimum of 1-2 years supervisory and process developmentexperience.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizationalskills.
- Firm understanding of Pharma Guidelines and SunshineAct.
- Articulate; possessing excellent oral and written communications and strong interpersonalskills.
- Team oriented and capable of multi-tasking on projects in a fast-pacedenvironment.
- Computer skillsrequired:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlookexperience;
- Basic to Intermediate proficiency inPowerPoint;
- Familiarity with Survey Monkey, Adobe PDF, and Email campaign toolspreferred;
- Web-based database experience, Salesforce.com aplus;
- Ability to quickly learn newapplications.
- Ability to manage stress in a professional manner and work well underpressure.
- Ability to work additional hours whennecessary.
- Available via cell phone for after-hours support of dinnerprograms.
- Occasional onsite travel toprograms.
Normal office environment. Travel required: Occasional. May require regular evening and weekend work.
Location/Region: Pearl River