Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. is a real estate and investment company that specializes in life science and technology properties located in major innovation hubs across the United States. Alexandria’s Science and Technology Team supports the company by providing scientific and technical expertise to help guide Alexandria’s Real Estate, Venture Investment, and Thought Leadership verticals. Real Estate activities include diligence on potential life science and tech tenants, as well as monitoring of existing tenants through review of financials, scientific milestones, news and press releases, and meetings with management. Alexandria’s Venture Investment arm helps discover and invest in innovative companies in life science and tech, with associated responsibilities that span due diligence and in-depth reviews of potential investments, their therapeutic areas and respective competitive landscapes, and the strength and level of innovation of their technology platforms. Lastly, Thought Leadership activities include preparing for and organizing the Alexandria Summit, an annual series of high impact events that bring together experts and opinion leaders in fields such as oncology, healthcare, and neuroscience to discuss current progress and challenges in their respective fields. For more information on Alexandria, please visitwww.are.com.
We are seeking a Senior Analyst – Science & Technology for our Greater Boston office. The position will support Alexandria’s Science & Technology team by providing additional research capabilities and expertise in the life science and technology industries, as well as supporting due diligence and business development activities.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Alexandria’s venture capital activity and related due diligence on potential early-stage investment opportunities.
- Conduct in-depth research (qualitative and quantitative) relevant to various diseases and therapeutic areas, US healthcare and regulatory activities, and broader trends in the life science and technology industries.
- Research and analyze short and long-term drivers affecting the life science and technology industries and analyze various performance indicators relevant to the types of companies that impact Alexandria’s Greater Boston operations.
- Monitor and summarize relevant news and information coming out of major media sources, key industry conferences, company earnings calls, press releases SEC filings.
- Create summary briefs, white papers and/or detailed reports on specific companies, industry trends and various other topics to support Alexandria’s venture investment activities and thought leadership programs, which often may need to be catered to audiences with varying levels of life science or technology expertise.
- Work with the Greater Boston Science & Technology team to obtain regular updates with tenants and investments.
- Create and maintain internal documents that track the broad life science and technology sectors.
- Business development and networking across the life science ecosystem.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science field is required. Master’s or PhD a plus.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ prior work experience (or equivalent educational experience – eg PhD work) within the life science industry in translational research, clinical development or financial analysis capacity is preferred.
- Solid understanding of life science and technology concepts, including but not limited to chemistry and biology fundamentals, the drug development process, the US healthcare and regulatory landscape, and human disease.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Experience working with large data sets/data analytics using PowerBI or other business intelligence software platforms is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage and organize multiple projects concurrently.
- Must have excellent written communication skills with ability to create concise and impactful written reports, correspondence, and responses to requests from team members as well as executive level members within the Company.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Limited travel may be required.
Location/Region: Cambridge, MA (02139)