Cobham is seeking a Digital Design Engineer
. In thisposition you will work in a highly motivated team environment todesign and develop digital and analog circuits. Applications includemissile front ends, radar receivers and communicationtransceivers. The Digital Design Engineer will be responsiblefor design architecture and proposal writing; assist with budgetcost, scheduling, and holding design reviews; apply appropriatestandards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the systemdevelopment life cycle.Responsibilities:
• Develop digital board products including FPGA and CPLD basedesigns.
• Serve as technical lead and mentor for the Digital EngineeringGroup.
• Assist in cost and scheduling for new programs by reviewingcustomer specifications.
• Develop System Level Architectures for sub-system designs.
• Build, test and troubleshoot hardware.
• Participate in safety training and actively comply with safetypolicies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation. Minimum Requirements:
• Minimum of five years of related experience in digital and analogcircuit design.
• Knowledge of design tools for Xilinx, Altera or other CPLDs andFPGAs.
• Knowledge of power management circuits including voltageregulators.
• Completed Bachelor’s degree.
• Secret Clearance Eligibility including US Citizenship. Preferred:
• PSPICE or any other analog simulation software experience.
• Knowledge of VHDL
• Degree in Engineering preferred.
• Experience in Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog conversionand evaluating design trade-offs
• DSP experience is a plus
• Experience with partitioning FPGAs for
1.Decoding customer interface to Assembly command and control
2.Customer loaded IP for Algorithm based DSP for MODEM and/or RadarprocessingSecurity:
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined byITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protectedindividual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to beeligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be aUS Citizen.About Us:
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in thedevelopment, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace anddefense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients andpartners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technologythey need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity andpassion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empoweringculture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plansfor the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer andembraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy ofCobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants andemployees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham willrefrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclosetheir compensation or the compensation of other employees orapplicants.
Location/Region: San Jose, CA