Weâre looking for a Principal Front End Engineer (8+ years of experience, at least 4 years of which are in a leadership role) who can help us expand our existing platform and associated client-facing web applications. This person would begin immediately as a full-time employee in Seattle, WA.
Backed by senior CBRE executives, our growing, dynamic team is on a mission to change the space of commercial real estate through our suite of simple, intuitive client-side applications. Our current infrastructure is loosely comprised of:
- A flexible, scalable, cloud-based application layer
- An API layer for client-side consumption
- Client-side applications designed for specific user groups
- Writing beautiful code and implementing fantastic solutions for our client-facing web and mobile applications
- Leading a team of other engineers to establish and document coding best practices based on industry standards
- Working with a team of engineers (with a variety of technical capabilities), along with a Scrum Master, to identify, spec, and implement elegant features and solutions along two week iterations.
- Ensuring that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence
- Identifying and addressing bugs/enhancements/new features/refactoring requirements
- Guiding technical direction for web development, including feature development forecasting and scheduling as it relates to the users and the business
- Establishing and managing Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices
- Leading technology and tools selection and pushing deployments
- Strong background with MVC testing frameworks
- A solid understanding of Git, or a similar version control system
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development cycles
- Experience with automating end-to-end testing frameworks across device types
- Strong collaboration, communication, and leadership skills
Bonus points for experience in these areas:
- Experience with Ionic, React Native, or a related framework
We offer:A solid compensation package, with medical/dental/vision/401(k)/disability/conference attendance, etc.
An awesome team with whom to collaborate
A dedication to your career (plus a generous, annual continued education stipend)
An open-source culture that encourages learning and contributing back to the community
A flexible work environment (WFH Fridays)
A downtown Seattle office thatâs convenient to mass transit and the Seattle bus tunnel
A sample of the technologies we use:
Backend App/API â Python 3, Django, Django Rest Framework, Celery, Pandas, NumPy, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, Node.js
Infrastructure & Related â AWS, Ansible, Rundeck, Terraform, GitLab CI, Ubuntu
Development Workflow â JIRA, GitLab, Slack
Client-Side, Single Page Apps â AngularJS (1.x and 2.x), React, Redux, D3.js, ESRI, Leaflet, Ionic, VueJS, React Native
About our team:Weâre a software engineering team within CBREâs Digital and Technology group. We are uniquely positioned within the organization to access global data, tools, resources, and leaders throughout the industry. Our mission is to add new value by developing targeted, scalable technology platforms for internal and external consumption.
We solve complex commercial real estate problems by bringing together good people, great minds, and top-tier technologies. We believe in leveraging and supporting open-source projects and their broader communities whenever possible. We love Unix-based systems (we use Macs) but appreciate other flavors. We believe that personal growth is just as important as company growth, and that they are interdependent.
If we arenât discussing the latest open-source news, we are chatting about our latest food discoveries, our pets, the most current (or timeless) music/audio technologies, or one of our upcoming lunch and learn events. We value good people first, and often enjoy hanging out at happy hour or other team events.
For more information about our team, please visit https://www.cbredev.com
Please principals only, no recruiters.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
Location/Region: Seattle, WA