Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Medical Director to join our healthcare team at the Topeka Correctional Facility in Topeka, KS.
- Serve as Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Consult with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in delivering services to inmates.
- Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Annually review and approve clinical protocols, policies and procedures, and medical disaster plan.
- Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality assurance program including review and action on inmate complaints, and infection control.
- Monitor referrals to outside healthcare facilities for appropriateness, quality, and continuity of care.
- Sponsor Physician Assistants in compliance with the state law for correctional facilities. Serve as a professional resource for all Physicians working at the facility(s).
- Assist in screening, interviewing and evaluating credentials of healthcare providers.
- Serve as discussion leader for selected in-service training classes. Represent the healthcare program in discussions with local civic groups or visiting officials. As requested, attend medical director's meetings at the Corizon Health central office.
- Attend Pharmacy Therapeutic Committee meetings (and other meetings, as required).
- License to practice medicine in Kansas
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, surgery) required
Location/Region: Topeka, KS, US