SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS TEST LAB SUPERVISOR
As a Production Supervisor, you will ensure that SpaceX produces quality products, on time, every time. You will be an expert on floor processes and capabilities and will supervise all functions of the Space Simulation Test Team, including facilities management, performance planning, and product related functions. You will help develop a team that is capable of achieving throughput and quality that push beyond the boundaries of “industry standard”.
- Supervise shop floor activity, including daily schedules and workflow.
- Resolve nonconformance issues including documentation of associated rework.
- Effective Communication that supports a motivated workforce to deliver the company’s goals and objectives.
- Continuously improving process and manpower efficiency, utilization and productivity.
- Lead and manage a staff of up to 30 technicians including all performance management related tasks.
- Identifying training needs and developing training programs.
- Provide required data & reporting to support departmental metrics and improvement objectives
- Monitor labor hours and overtime, and implement improvement plans and time management with staff.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods.
- Develop and Implement cost reductions processes and efficiency improvement measures.
- Initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Production risk identification and mitigation.
- Improve area safety and efficiency through regular auditing and continuous improvement.
- Review drawings and technical data packages for manufacturability, provide constructive feedback to engineering/design community.
- Disposition non-conforming hardware to efficiently return them to conforming state and normal product flow.
- Establish and analyze area metrics for trend extrapolation to drive the following:
- Personnel training and development.
- Development and implementation of efficiency improvement projects.
- Optimization of product flow through the factory.
- Root cause analysis and the implementation of corresponding corrective action plans.
- Identification and elimination of defects within the area value stream.
- Associates degree in a manufacturing or technical discipline or minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental testing i.e. Thermal, Thermal Vacuum, Vibration and Shock Testing.
- Minimum of 2 years in a leadership position.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a manufacturing or technical discipline.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production desirable.
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Failure Mode Effects Analysis.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
- Strong computer and analytical skills including proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, shop floor management software (ERP/MRP) and related programs.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 5%.
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. unassisted.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location/Region: Hawthorne, CA