Short Hills Surgery Center is a fast-paced, AAAHC-Certified state of the art facility! Our multi-specialty same-day surgery center has all the accreditations of a traditional hospital but we set a higher standard for physician and nursing care.
SHSC is currently seeking a Full-Time Surgical Scheduler with flexibility from Monday through Friday.
Essential functions include:
Accurately scheduling surgical procedures by following all scheduling protocols, which includes the review of the surgeon’s delineation of privileges, the facility’s approved procedure list, the facility’s policy regarding appropriateness of surgical patient and Medicare guidelines regarding approved procedures and length of surgical procedure.
- Accurately input all required data into scheduling program; i.e. demographic and insurance information and ensuring all mandatory fields are completed.
- Ensure all critical information is communicated to clinical areas, in a clear and concise manner.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- Communicate with physicians, office personnel and ancillary departments.
Other duties may include:
- Understanding of all insurance verification processes
- Maintaining patient confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Verify all patient insurance information and complete all required forms in their entirety
- Exceptional communication and follow through skills to ensure appropriate payment to the center for services provided
- Providing superior customer service through the admission and reception process
- Completing patient registration and ensure all patient demographics are accurate
- Gathering accurate and complete financial insurance information
- Maintaining patient confidentiality throughout admissions process
- Performing general receptionist duties in a surgery center environment to include answering and screening telephone calls, general facility and administrative duties
- Greeting patients, physicians, and visitors
- Obtaining signatures on legal forms as needed. Notifies pre-operative area of patient’s arrival
- Follow up with families/caregivers, making them comfortable and keeping them informed
- Maintain a professional office environment
One + years experience in high volume ambulatory setting preferred
Experience with a patient appointment/procedure scheduling program preferred
Typing = 50 WPM, MS 2000 - working knowledge of Word, Outlook, and Excel
Excellent Customer Service Skills
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive health & benefits package, generous paid time off (PTO), no limit 25% employer match 401(k), and a friendly, dynamic work environment where employees are empowered to contribute to their own and company enrichment initiatives.
Qualifications Skills Behaviors : Motivations : Education
High School or better. Experience Licenses & Certifications
Location/Region: Millburn, NJ