The Children’s Hospital at Saint Peter's University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ is hiring a Pediatric Emergency Medicine Medical Director
Physician Requirements: Board Certified Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Prior leadership experience preferred but not required.
Job Description Summary
- Assess, plan and implement Pediatric Emergency care services.
- Responsible for integration of Pediatric Emergency services within the Emergency Department at SPUH.
- Responsible for oversight of the quality of care delivered in the Pediatric ED
- Lead the process of development and implementation of clinical policies and procedures which guide and support the provision of Pediatric emergency care services.
- Serve as representative in collaborations with other Pediatric facilities and community organizations to facilitate effective community-wide availability of Pediatric emergency care services.
- Oversee the physicians working within the Pediatric ED.
- General oversight of Pediatric ED staff
The Children’s Hospital at Saint Peter’s University Hospital is a state-designated acute care children’s hospital that offers a full-range of pediatric specialized healthcare services for newborns and children up to age 18. The Children’s Hospital operates one of the most sophisticated maternity programs, delivering over 6,000 newborns annually. The hospital operates one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the country. Also, the facility’s state-designated Regional Perinatal Center is renowned throughout New Jersey for the exceptional level of high-risk maternity and neonatal care provided. Magnet®-recognized health system for nursing excellence.
Pediatric Emergency Department Profile:
- 24,000 annual Pediatric visits
- 14-bed PEDS ED with 11 private rooms and Pediatric Fast Track area
- Scribe coverage
- A large acute-care area for more serious injuries and illnesses
- 54 bed Level II NICU/8 bed PICU
- Full complement of Pediatric sub-specialists on site
- Excellent throughput metrics
- Paragon EMR system
- Pediatric residency on site
- Academic appointment is available through Rutgers School of Medicine
Awards and Recognition
- The only NICU in New Jersey to earn the Beacon Award for Excellence
- Designated by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer four times in a row
- Graded by the Hospital Safety Score as one of the nation’s safest hospitals
- US News and World Report regionally ranked Saint Peter’s on the Best Hospitals List
- Magnet Recognized via American Nurses Credentialing Center
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972. With more than 14,000 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including:
Strong leadership on a local, regional and national level
Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options
“A” rated professional liability insurance
Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
Competitive compensation including several benefit options
Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
Colleague referral bonus program
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status
Location/Region: New Brunswick, NJ