The Director of Development, Major Gifts, will be responsible
for fundraising and donor development for US Ski & Snowboard
within the Tri-States area. Preferably the incumbent will be
within close working proximity or easy commute to
About the U.S. Ski and Snowboard
The U.S. Ski and Snowboard Foundation is
the non-profit fundraising arm of U.S. Ski and Snowboard.
Incorporated in 1964 as a 501(c)3, the Foundation raises funds to
support year-round athlete training, coaching, development,
competition and educational needs.
- Grow the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) fundraising market by $3
million in annual fund support by 2022 through the major gift
- Manage a portfolio of 100+ donors with solicitation,
stewardship and fundraising goals.
- Participate in all aspects of the fundraising cycle; (1)
initiate contacts with potential major donors; (2) develop
appropriate cultivation strategies for them; (3) move potential
donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and
closure; (4) make solicitations when appropriate; and (5) maintain
stewardship contacts with donors.
- Prepare the CEO, CDO and other appropriate executive staff and
board members, as needed, to cultivate and secure investments.
Conduct research, provide background, and determine investment
- Work in partnership with the Director of Development, Principal
Giving to ensure a seamless connection between the principal and
major gift programs.
- Perform additional activities related to the Development effort
as requested by the Chief Development Officer and others.
- Demonstrate professionalism, discretion and confidentiality in
matters of donor privacy.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of five years of major and/or principal gift
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a track
record of successfully managing current and prospective benefactors
at the major gift level along with outstanding social skills,
instincts, judgment and integrity.
- An ambitious and motivated professional, who values a
collaborative working environment and who will be able to establish
strong, interpersonal relationships with organization leaders,
donors and development office staff.
- Comfortable with a flexible work schedule, including travel and
evening and weekend work.
- Experience using and maintaining accurate records within a
- An authentic passion for skiing and snowboarding as well as a
strong appreciation for the extraordinary athletic accomplishments
and challenges of our athletes.
- A working understanding of a national governing body.
- Experience with capital and/or endowment campaigns.
Location/Region: New York, NY (10001)