A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Serves as an information systems security professional applying
knowledge of information security services analysis concepts,
practices and procedures and executes security procedures for
classified computer systems based on the Department of Defense
(DoD), Department of Energy (DoE) and other U.S. Government agency
Primary & Essential Accountabilities:
- Applies current computer science technologies to the
development, evaluation, and integration of computer systems and
networks to maintain system security for classified information
- Primary advisor to the Site Facility Security Officer (FSO)
and the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) on all
classified information systems security matters and liaison to
the local Defense Security Service (DSS) Information Systems
Security Professional (ISSP) on all matters pertaining to
classified information systems.
- Execute local policies, processes, and procedures to comply
with all National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and Office
of Designated Approval Authority (ODAA) requirements.
- Typically provides guidance on task completion by more junior
team members and may also review and check their work
assignments. Executes all DoD requirements, including the
Defense Security Service ODAA standards to ensure compliance
with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual.
- Monitors and enforces access requirements to cleared
information systems in support of classified contracts.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and
operating procedures supporting government agency requirements.
- Conducting periodic self-inspections on local processes and
practices to ensure NISP and ODAA compliance; accurately reports
security posture to site, group and corporate leadership.
- Delivers site information systems security education program
requirements to all users of the classified information
system(s) supporting classified programs.
- Identifies and documents unique local threats and
vulnerabilities to classified information systems security.
- Ensures periodic self-assessments of the facility’s classified
information systems are conducted as part of the overall
facility self-inspection program and that all corrective actions
- Assists with investigations into security violations related
to cleared information systems; ensures corrective actions are
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission,
values and culture of the organization.
- Performs independently, or with a group, on site, group or
enterprise-level security projects designed to enhance the
security posture of CAES.
- Role requires innovative, critical thinking skills towards
solving problems and anticipating future issues that may occur
as a result of current decisions that are
Preferred Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
- 0 - 2 years experience in either the contractor defense industry or Information Systems Security.
- Knowledge of information systems security components and best
practices including; firewalls, intrusion detection systems,
anti-virus software, data encryption, and other
industry-standard techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government Information System security
standards (i.e. NIST and ISO27).
- Highly self-motivated and strong organizational skills and
excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal oral, written and communication skills.
- Possess and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance at
the Secret level.
- 2+ years experience in either the contractor defense industry
or Information Systems Security.
- Experience with local process and procedures as it relates to
operating and maintaining Classified and unclassified systems.
- Experienced in assisting with local procedures for data spill
- Completion of required Department of Defense (DoD) courses related to government security.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by
ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected
individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be
eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
Location/Region: Lansdale, PA