A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Plan, schedules, coordinates and tracks the flow of hardware and
material throughout the manufacturing process, including
fabrication, assembly, test and shipment; position controls jobs of
moderate to high level complexity working on multi-level programs
and/or shorter turn-around times.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Generates schedules, flow sheets and other tools for the
tracking of work in progress (WIP).
- Coordinates incoming customer-supplied parts and assignments
of MIT number with Program Managers, Quality Assurance,
Engineering, Production, Stockroom, Shipping & Receiving and
coordinate customer source inspection of hardware.
- Monitor kits through routing operations, QA inspections; issue
and expedite kits, kit splits, kit scraps, kit re-generations as
required; flag production problems and coordinate resolution
through appropriate support and management pool.
- Ensure the generation of pick lists, travelers, packing slips
and other shipping paperwork as necessary.
- Provide drawings, instructions and procedures to the
manufacturing areas as required; maintain configuration control
of production hardware; perform Traveler Change Orders
(TCO)/Engineering Change Order (ECO)
- Writes rework instructions for kit splits and routing changes.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety
policies and practices.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as
well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET
team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Coordinates and follows through with rework instructions for
travelers with support of engineering and manufacturing
- Performs work using SAP information system to track production
control work orders;
- Attends and represents Materials department in program status
(The following qualifications can
be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or
vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
Certificates and License Requirements
- Five (5) years of experience in production control, materials,
scheduling and/or manufacturing preferably with at a minimum of
three (3) years in PC or materials management; experience in
production control planning in an ERP environment and/or
SAP, a plus; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations
Management or related field, required;
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by
telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask
questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to
read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal
instructions as well as technical publications such as operating
and maintenance instruction and procedure manuals; communicate
across organizational levels; ability to write reports and
correspondence clearly and concisely; ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from individuals
and managers, internal and external customers, and the general
public; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and
respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and
decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to
draw and interpret bar graphs;
- Analytical skills: review and compare data to identify
inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to deal with
problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
situations; ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
- Computer skills: working in a networked environment
using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point,
Excel and Word software programs; working knowledge of
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as SAP;
- Time Management and organizational skills: flexibility and
adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive
and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be
fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors
and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in
others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions.
- Certified Production Inventory Control Manager (CPICM); or
- Certified Integrated Resource Manager (CIRM); or
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), desirable.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by
ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected
individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be
eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
Location/Region: San Diego, CA