Position Title: Utility Engineer/Utility Project Engineer
Location: Baltimore, MD
Ranked 68TH on ENR’s 2019 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound technical solutions to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,400 employees as a professional, RK&K has received extensive recognition for its exceptional workplace culture.
In this role, you will work closely with project managers and other team members to execute work involving utility engineering principals and other related activities. You will assist with planning, design and construction efforts on a variety of engineering projects with a focus on utility improvement, relocation, and coordination. Utility design development will include overhead and underground cable aspects as well as other pipe and conduit elements that include water, sewer, telecommunication, cable TV, fiber optics, gas, steam, chilled water and electric power feeders. Knowledge of septic and well design practices are a plus but not required.
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, and specifications for utility design improvement and relocation projects
- Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to infrastructure systems
- Preparation and review of technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents
- Participation with business development and presentations
- Direct and assist with the development of project staff and subconsultants
- Facilitate internal and client meetings, presentations and approval of plans
- Participate in community project outreach with a focus on utilities
- Support utility field testing and investigations when required
- Facilitate construction administration and engineering services (submittal review, contract document interpretation, requests for information, correspondence, change requests, and change orders) when required
- Communicate effectively and coordinate with clients, utility owners, project teams including other disciplines, such as architects, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical designers, cost estimators, GIS technicians, other utility design professional
- Prepare detailed engineering cost estimates
Location/Region: Baltimore, MD (21202)