Terracon's Raleigh, NC office is looking for a senior-level engineer or architect to join our Building Enclosure consulting team. Although this position will be focused on Building Enclosure related design and consulting, you'll be joining a team that also works directly with our Civil, Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical engineers as well as a team of Registered Professional Engineers and Architects. We work with our Senior professionals and project teams to continually integrate and develop new and exciting technology for best-in-class project delivery and processes. For us, quality and doing what's right for our people and our clients is key. If you are up for an exciting and challenging opportunity and career, we look forward to visiting with you!
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage or consult on complex building enclosure/facility projects providing leadership and expertise to internal and external project teams.
- Participate on and lead teams in the performance of building diagnostics projects that include, but are not limited to, building enclosure assessments, roofing, façade, waterproofing, litigation support, field testing, and distress studies.
- Develop and review design construction documents related to roof replacement, building enclosure refurbishment, glazed assembly replacement, and associated building enclosure remediation work.
- Peer review construction documents, protocols, Scopes of Work, and other similar documents associated with building envelope design and repair/restoration.
- Perform and/or direct field investigations, including moisture intrusion, non-destructive testing and fenestration/façade testing.
- Work closely with architects and contractors to develop details related to building envelope assemblies.
- Perform all technical tasks related to Building Enclosure Commissioning.
- Prepare and write reports that are professional in language with a logical presentation of technical ideas and recommendations.
- Drive business with new and existing clients and actively participate in the implementation of marketing strategies.
- Prepare proposals, develop scope of services, establish fees, manage projects from a personnel, financial and schedule standpoint.
- Supervise and mentor younger, junior and/or less experienced Facilities division professionals to cross train on building enclosure services.
- Participate in one or more technical/professional associations and assume leadership positions.
- Work with existing clients to obtain additional work and develop new clients.
- Play a leadership role in Terracon’s market for building enclosure consulting and testing services group.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience building enclosure design, review and assessments required. If you have more than 10 year's of experience, that is even better!
- Professional Engineer (PE), NCARB Registered Architect (RA), or RCI designation as an RRC, RWC, REWC, RBEC.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, B.S. in Architectural Engineering, or Bachelor of Architecture in Building Science/Building Enclosures/Historic Preservation is preferred.
- Air Barrier Association of America “ABAA,” ABAA Inspector, Certified EIFS Inspector, Certified Thermographer is a plus.
- Expertise in building enclosure systems, roofing and building structural systems.
- Experience in building enclosure restoration and consulting involving managing rainwater and water vapor transmission, air barrier design; and controlling energy consumption by managing heat gain and loss through the building envelope.
- Experience working on suspended scaffolding, vertical heights, mid- to high-rise building facades and roofs.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Raleigh, NC