About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
This is an entry level development position designed to take a candidate with either an education in the computer field or a limited background in web page development and programming and train them over a two year period to become a full level Programmer/ Analyst. During that time, they will function as a member of a development team and will gradually be given more complex assignment along with training in various areas and platforms. Upon the successful completion of the traneeship, the incumbent will be promoted to the title of Programmer/Analyst with further examination. Work is performed under the general supervision of a higher level employee. Supervision of others is not a normal function during the traineeship.
Typical Work Activities:
The following is indicative of the level and types of activities performed by incumbents in this title. It is not meant to be all inclusive and does not preclude a supervisor from assigning activities not listed which could reasonably be expected to be performed by an employee in this title.
- Learns to develop web-based and personal computer based applications using programming products such as Visual Basic, HTML and XML;
- Participates in the conversion of a primarily static web site into a content management format;
- Attends training as directed;
- Learns to research new technologies to determine how thy can be incorporated into various platforms and systems;
- Assists in the application design of client requests;
- Performs analysis for projects;
- Prepares client system and computer operating instructions;
- Defines database and report specifications;
- Keeps abreast of networking and platform dependent technical issues and applies to work as necessary;
- Applies current technology including network and platform dependent issues to solutions.
Full Performance Knowledge,Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the current concepts and practices of computer hardware and applications sufficient to enable the candidate to be trained to be a Programmer/Analyst over a two year period;
- Ability to learn and keep abreast of the principles and practices of the data processing field;
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Personal characteristics necessary to perform the duties of the position;
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma AND:
EITHER: (A) Graduation within the least 3 years of date of application from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a closely related field;
OR: (B) Graduation within the last 3 years of date of application from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate's degree in computer science or a closely related field and two years of full-time work experience which primarily involved web page development ans some basic programming;
OR: (C) An equivalent combination of training and experience within the limits of (A) and (B) above.
To Apply, go to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
DCC is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others ( AA/EOE).
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/4yvpstys5jxnx7bg