Our Purpose: EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now: We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
The Market Intelligence Lead will play a key role in supporting SQZ’s goal of generating cell therapies to dramatically impact patient lives. The Market Intelligence Lead will work across the organization and with external parties to evaluate competitive programs, commercial landscapes and identify key areas of opportunity for internal investment or partnership with the SQZ platform. The Market Intelligence Lead will report to the Head of Business Development and will work on multi-faceted projects impacting the strategic direction of the company.
- Generate, manage, and communicate competitive intelligence workstreams
- Analyze competing programs and technology to understand future risk and opportunities
- Work across SQZ team to incorporate diverse clinical, research, and investor feedback on competitive programs
- Communicate outcome and strategic recommendations to SQZ senior executives
- Analyze commercial landscapes to support prioritization decisions for the exploratory team
- Supporting internal and external business development initiatives.
- Generate, manage, and communicate market and risk analyses to support BD partnering activities and internal pipeline programs.
- Supporting identification in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities
- Attend scientific conferences to support corporate objectives
- Support generation of Target Product Profile(s) (TPP) for internal SQZ programs
- Support general Business Development activities including strategic review and contract analysis
- Able to work independently and work with multiple stakeholders across the company to generate strategic insights and build consensus
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and delivering results on time.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and present information to audiences at multiple levels of expertise
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work across multiple indications and scientific fields to generate work products
- Be an agile learner with ability to rapidly explore new fields
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with team members with tact and diplomacy.
- Have strong work ethic and a team orientation
- A Bachelors degree in a scientific background is required. An advanced degree, such as a MBA, Masters or PhD is preferred.
- Experience performing competitive analysis or market analysis in a pharmaceuticals or related field
- A minimum of 2-4 years of prior experience and a business background or degree is also preferred.
- Existing relationships within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or technology industries preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced biotech or entrepreneurial culture
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. SQZ does not support relocation for this role.