LA FE PREPARATORY SCHOOL, INC.
Job Title: School Registrar
I. JOB SUMMARY
Coordinate the enrollment of new and withdrawal of existing students by receiving,
organizing, and maintaining student information. Enter student data into the School’s
Student Information System, as required by the School and Texas Education Agency
(TEA). Performs administrative and office support related activities for multiple
supervisors. Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities.
Requires strong oral and written communication skills and technical writing abilities.
Communicates bilingual in Spanish and English, and is culturally responsive in the
communication with internal and external contacts.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manages and coordinates enrollment of new and transfers/withdrawal of existing
2. Provides quality customer service and professional behavior when working with
parents, students, staff, and community.
3. Coordinates and assists with open enrollment, pre-registration, registration, and
4. Processes records requests received from other districts and through the Texas
Records Exchange System (TREX).
5. Maintains and updates Student Academic / Cumulative Records.
6. Processes all information for maintenance of accurate student records.
7. Collects and inputs all PEIMS (TSDS) data in areas of demographics, special
programs, classroom records, leavers and course completion.
8. Maintains confidentiality of all student records and documents.
9. Prepares daily attendance reports, teacher reconciliation reports, six weeks
attendance reviews and other reports as needed.
10. Coordinate enrollment outreach during open enrollment period and summer.
11. Ensures accuracy of attendance records and reports, maintains attendance records
per school policy and state law.
12. Maintains student scheduling records in the Student Information System.
13. Follows all procedures as outlined in the School’s and State’s Student Attendance
14. Other duties as assigned.
S: Administrative Assistant Hummxr 2007
III. MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
A. Work Experience
Three years of related school administrative clerical experience. Working
knowledge of TxEIS or other Student Information System.
High school diploma or GED.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of modern office practices.
2. Ability to organize and complete work in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Ability to deal tactfully and communicate effectively with persons of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds.
4. Ability to work with and appropriately handle confidential information.
5. Ability to deal with the students, parents, staff, and community in a professional, courteous and tactful manner.
6. Ability to exercise judgment in unusual or stressful situations.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in a professional manner.
8. Ability to handle supervisory responsibilities.
9. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
IV. PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Works with frequent interruptions/maintains emotional control under stress/repetitive hand motions/prolonged use of computer.
Location/Region: El Paso