Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking a Biomedical Engineer for our Isotope Technology Group (ITG) located at Ramsey Place in Lynchburg, VA!
If you’re looking for a career where your experience is valued, innovative thinking is fostered, and barrier-free teamwork is embraced every day, then this opportunity is for you!
- Assist in the development of new radioisotope products for ITG.
- Augment existing staff expertise in nuclear technologies with specific expertise in molecular biology, nuclear imaging, and/or radiolabeling.
- Analyze, interpret, and report results. Produce requested reports and presentations displaying results.
- Identify problems and implement solutions.
- A Master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution is required with at least 2 years of related experience.
- Prior experience with radiopharmaceuticals or radiolabeling of Tc99m is highly preferred.
- Effective communicator both in writing and verbally with demonstrated ability to communicate with members at any level of the team.
- Able to contribute to complex projects with demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as, part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of statistical methods.
- Demonstrated experience working with and documenting experimental protocols.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship.
BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Lynchburg Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Lynchburg, VA