Position Summary: Verifies and keeps records on incoming/outgoing items.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Check bills of lading for accuracy.
- Coordinate shipping operations with Shipping Manager.
- Organize “mail slots” with proper paperwork.
- Comply with Company policies.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Must be detail-oriented
- Work in a face paced environment
- Work in a cold environment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
· Stand, walk; use hands and feet to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear
· Use of scanners, telephones, and warehouse machinery
· The employee must be capable of repeatedly lifting up to 75 lbs.
· Work longer hours as needed to satisfy the customer, daily and seasonal requirements
· Able to lift and move product above head
Working Environment: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Work in an atmosphere as cold as - 30 degrees F
- The noise level in the work area is usually moderate
- Personal interaction and communication required to and from other people is extremely high
- Daily workflow is fast paced