The Enterprise Software Developer / Engineer will create, maintain, fix, customize, and enhance AssetSmart enterprise asset management software for general commercial release to our Fortune 500 clients, for customer-specific projects, or for our own internal use.
The Company's unique and innovative solutions solve challenging large-scale customer problems in several enormous and rapidly-evolving high-technology industries including Aerospace, Defense, Cybersecurity, Research and Engineering, and IT Services. We have existing long-term relationships with prestigious Fortune 500 clients as well as a robust pipeline of new opportunities.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Developing, fixing, maintaining and improving customer deliverable standard or customized software as well as internal use applications or utilities, in a Microsoft Windows, relational database, and web based technology environment
- Assisting with troubleshooting and correction of reported bugs
- Participating in our Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Configuration Management (SCM), and Quality Assurance (QA) processes as an integral member of the technical team
Desired Skills & Experience
The position requires technical aptitude across a variety of tools and technologies, agility and flexibility to handle several projects and deadlines in parallel, strong familiarity with enterprise software concepts and best-practices, and a continuous focus on quality.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Ability to quickly absorb specialized domain expertise and enterprise software functions
- Solid understanding of the commercial (COTS) Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Minimum 3 years of comparable experience developing/maintaining medium/large-scale software applications, preferably in a B2B commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and/or custom software development environment
- Flexibility and curiosity to learn and become proficient with a range of development tools, languages and environments
- Expertise in Microsoft technology stack components such as Windows Server, Visual Studio, SQL Server, .NET Framework, MVC, Web Services, ASP.NET, classic ASP, batch scripting, Azure, and/or Xamarin Studio
- Proficiency with relational database concepts, usage and application development (esp. Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server)
- Familiarity with Subversion (SVN), Git, CVS or similar code repository and version control tools and concepts
- Experience with popular Business Intelligence (BI) and/or form/report/label creation tools such as Crystal Reports, BarTender, PowerBI or Hyperion also desirable
- An associate or undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a similar specialty is desirable
- Microsoft, AWS, Oracle, VMware or other relevant industry certifications are also desirable
Compensation includes a competitive base salary plus fully employer-paid insurance, performance bonuses and generous paid time-off (PTO/vacation) benefits.
Out-of-area applicants are welcome; however, this position is not eligible for telecommuting and requires on-site presence in the office.
Principals only, no recruiters or agents please.
Type: Full-Time Exempt (Salaried), US Citizenship and Documented Work Authorization Required
Location: On-Site Non-Telecommute, Calabasas, California 91302 (Greater Los Angeles Area)
Travel: None anticipated
Experience: 3 Years or more in similar position(s)
Functions: Development, Application Software, Database, Engineering
Industries: Computer Software, Information Technology