*4 - Day work week*
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design product models, assemblies, sub-assemblies and
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for products and concepts using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) software.
- Prototyping (managed or produced)
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals, user instructions and technical publications to describe product.
- Create and modify user instructions, CE (Conformité Européene) technical files
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Specifications and prints
- Assist with regulatory requirements such as CE and FDA documentations and product testing
- Define testing procedures
- Proficiency in understanding and applying testing Standards
- Maintain or improve testing equipment
- Support production with process development and documentation where required
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
· Coordinate technical effort or update documents required to appropriate quality file or regulatory agent.
- Manage product reviews returned through the Customer Complaint Process
- Perform Root Cause analysis
- Validation (testing)
- Developing and maintaining document controls
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components to resolve design or other problems.
- Coordinating Bills of Materials with production
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Collaborate with others to ensure projects are complete.
- Travel may be required but infrequent
- Additional tasks as assigned by manager
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1-3 years previous experience
- Active listener
- Critical Thinker
- Problem Solving
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- 3D modeling software (Auto Cad, Geomagic)
- MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, OneNote)
Therafin Corporation has a rich history for helping Physical and Occupational Therapists and Rehab Professionals meet the needs of individuals with special needs. Over the past 50 years Therafin has remained true to our core belief that touching people’s lives with solutions which promote independence is why we exist. Therafin manufactures a range of quality products that include: Custom Wheelchair Seating and Positioning, accessories that include head supports, anterior vests, hip positioning belts, and foot support/shoe holders and lastly world class trays.
Our 42,000 square foot manufacturing facility is clean, organized and waiting for you! We offer exceptional benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K, holiday and paid time off.
Location/Region: Tinley Park, IL (US)