We are seeking to expand our Exploratory team with a Scientist/Sr. Scientist with a background in Regenerative Medicine. The successful candidate will have a passion for driving high-impact projects focused on the development of novel cell therapies and will be responsible for evaluating SQZ-engineered cells in therapeutic applications. Specifically, this candidate will aid in the design and validation of SQZ-engineered cell therapies utilizing both in vitro assays and in vivo studies to evaluate opportunities in regenerative medicine and neurodegeneration with the goal of advancing the project into clinical development. The qualified individual will have a strong background in Neurodegenerative Disease and Regenerative Medicine.
This position requires excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as the successful candidate will be expected to work productively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment. Additionally, the successful candidate will contribute to the external scientific visibility of the company through collaboration with large pharmaceutical companies and serve as a subject matter expert in Regenerative Medicine.
At SQZ, we're proud of our culture and always look to grow our team with people who share our values. We:
- Squeeze Together: We value teamwork, trust, and transparency as critical components for achieving our mission and exceeding our goals
- Question Boundaries: We’re committed to questioning the status quo and changing the world through our people and our science
- Zap Obstacles: We strive to be pioneers. We’re resilient when it comes to navigating challenges, anticipated or not, scientific and otherwise
- Design, plan, and execute complex ex vivo and in vivo assays to evaluate therapeutic efficacy of human and murine engineered cells for the treatment of degenerative and neurodegenerative disease
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the use of cell therapies in regenerative medicine
- Mentor research associates and junior scientists
- Document work in notebooks and technical reports
- Prepare presentations for internal and external meetings
- Participate in an interactive, team-oriented culture, interfacing primarily with a variety of project teams
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to contribute effectively in a cross-functional role
- Work independently and as part of a team consisting of a diverse group of science and engineering professionals
- Work well within a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented start-up environment
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- PhD in neuroscience, immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, or related discipline is required. Experience with regenerative medicine, neurodegenerative disease, stem cell biology, or iPSCs is essential.
- Minimum of 2 years experience required. Industry experience is preferred.
- Strong background in ex vivo primary cell culture and prior experience with human and murine primary cells
- Experience with transfection techniques such as electroporation, lipofection, and or viral transduction recommended
- Hands-on experience with genome editing tools such as CRISPR/Cas9 or transient gene knockdown technologies such as RNAi is required.
- Prior experience with design of flow cytometry (FACS) panels and ability to perform analysis on both human and murine cells is a plus.
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.