SRC, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced embedded software engineer to develop and test leading-edge electronic warfare and communications technology. Candidate will design and implement real-time algorithms, interfaces and control functions on embedded processors, develop device drivers, and optimize/customize operating systems . We are looking for engineers to be immediately integrated into design teams to solve difficult technical problems on fielded and prototype systems.
- Design, develop and maintain mission-critical embedded software in support of national defense and intelligence-gathering products and systems
- Participate in laboratory and field integration testing to validate software
- Document and communicate proposed software solutions as a member of an integrated, cross-functional engineering team
- Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art embedded development techniques and software technologies
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skill sets
- Mentor more junior engineers in embedded software development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or software engineering with 6+ years of experience
- Experience with C or C++
- Experience developing embedded software in Linux.
- Linux device driver experience a plus
- “Bare metal” or RTOS experience a plus
- Microcontroller development a plus
- Knowledge of C#/Python/Java and Matlab a plus
- Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Location/Region: Syracuse, NY