Cobham is seeking a RF Technician to work at our San Jose, CAfacility. The RF Technician’s responsibilities are focused in thearea of microwave circuit test, subsystems test to meet shippingschedules. The RF Technician will support production activitieswithin a group concentrating on advanced microwave subsystems forapplications including missile front ends, radar receivers, widebandtuners and synthesized sources. Duties include CCAs, and subsystemproducts, collecting and documenting test data and providingfeedback to manufacturing engineers on production products.
10% differential for 2nd shift.Responsibilities
- Work with production staff to perform and document testing ofmicrowave hardware
- Perform and document tuning and test results on multi-functionthin film microwave integrated circuits (MICs)
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers, as part of aproduct team, providing feedback on modules and subsystemproducts
- Test analog circuits from schematics and/or diagram
- Associates Degree in Electronics or trade school or technicaleducation and 5+ years’ experience testing, aligning performingand documenting tuning and test results on multi-functionmicrowave integrated circuits (MICs) OR 8+ years’ in lieu of an Associate Degree or trade schoolor technical education.
- Must have theoretical knowledge of functional area and theability to use the necessary equipment, including computercontrolled test stations.
- Familiarity with network/spectrum analyzers and microwavecircuit test equipment.
- Proficient written and verbal skills.
- Computer skills are required for this position including: filemanipulation, file organization, accessing and launching variousprograms, and basic Microsoft Excel.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined byITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protectedindividual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to beeligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be aUS Citizen.About Us:
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in thedevelopment, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace anddefense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients andpartners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technologythey need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity andpassion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empoweringculture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plansfor the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer andembraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy ofCobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants andemployees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham willrefrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclosetheir compensation or the compensation of other employees orapplicants.
Location/Region: San Jose, CA