The Clinical Data Abstractor abstracts and analyzes data from medical records, EMR or other electronic tools using the appropriate guidelines. The information abstracted provides accurate and timely information for public reporting to internal customers as well as the TJC, CMS and other external agencies.
- Inputs data into computer programs to facilitate the transmission to needed sources.
- Conducts reviews and data abstraction activities to support regulatory requirements and the hospitals performance improvement activities.
- Maintains or exceeds productivity and quality according to established standards, supports and completes data entry and essential duties related to abstraction.
- Maintains updated knowledge of core measure guidelines and regulations affecting abstraction.
- 1-2yrs related healthcare experience required.
- 2 yrs experience in data abstraction, medical records or hospital experience in data collection strongly preferred
- HS Diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree preferred.
- RHIT preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10 coding rules, anatomy and physiology.
- Must be detailed oriented and organized with good analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast paced environment.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (44101)