Position Summary and Essential Functions
Successful candidates will aid in the design, testing and production of wooden crate and skid packaging solutions. They will also review and improve existing packaging designs, work with internal resources and various suppliers to achieve functional packaging goals. Candidate will also contribute to promote company growth and sales. This position is client facing and a successful candidate will be a professional, self-motivated, and energetic individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
· Point of contact for client communications
· Packaging sizing and specification/evaluation
· Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging
· Final engineering review and seal of construction documents
· Development of schedules for discipline related design and construction
· Preparation of vendor/supplier ‘request for quote’ packages
· Supervision of installation and start-up of related systems / contractor supervision and vendor management
· Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions
· Knowledge of market trends / lumber pricing / costing / analysis
· Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Required Education, Skills and Experience
· An understanding or experience with packaging solutions. I.E., OSB, plywood and lumber materials used to create containers, crates, skids, or other custom items
· Fundamental understanding of manufacturing and packaging design principles
· Fundamentals of machine and process design
· Preparation of line balance documentation and process flow diagrams
· An understanding or experience with warehouse design and layout
· Preparation of equipment specification, purchase documentation and equipment / facility layout
· Preparation of machine testing requirements and procedures
· Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Access); MS Project, AutoCAD
· Strong technical writing skills
· Ability to articulate product concept and sell to prospective clients
· Plant Efficiency and machine optimization
· Preferred 3+ years of experience and/or internship(s) in an industrial manufacturing setting
· Minimum of a bachelors’ degree required (packaging engineer degree is preferred)
Travel to active client sites will be required of this position.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including a vacation policy and 401(k) plans.
Kontane Logistics is a custom wood packaging manufacturer and distribution center based 3rd Party Logistics company with facilities throughout North and South Carolina. In business for over 40 years, Kontane is family owned and operated.
Kontane specializes in providing custom crates and skids and value-added warehousing solutions to their customers. Those services include warehousing, export packaging, aftermarket packaging, line sequencing, sub-assembly, kitting, import/export, transloading and foreign trade zone services. Industries served include automotive/truck, retail, construction equipment and energy.