Are you passionate about the environment? We are growing and hiring geological and environmental professionals in Las Vegas! We are looking for an accomplished, Senior Geologist for our Las Vegas, NV
office. Our Las Vegas office is uniquely located and works on exciting projects including environmental site assessment, remediation, redevelopment, and site renovation work for City and County agencies, school districts, commercial real property developers and managers, law firms, financial institutions, architect/engineer and construction (A/E/C) clients. This position is for a senior level geological or environmental professional who will be responsible for site testing, developing analytical testing plans, and assembling reports for approval on projects varying in size and complexity. In this position the candidate must be able to identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies and be familiar with compliance regulations at the federal, state and local level.
If your passion lies in working on projects that help your community, and if you're interested in belonging to an employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Geologist/ Environmentalist responsible for conducting site testing and making recommendations for systems design on medium sized projects with a variety of complexity.
- Participates with more senior Geologists or Environmental Engineers on large, more complex projects.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Responsible for written field reports to clients for both small and large projects.
- Evaluates laboratory and field data and assembles in written reports.
- May serve as team member or lead in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Mentor junior staff in field activities and preparation of reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 9 plus years’ experience. (Not an entry level position).
- Have of acquire within one year certification as a Nevada Certified Environmental Manager (C.E.M.).
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Las Vegas, NV