Manager, Total Rewards
EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Squeeze Together: We value teamwork, trust, and transparency as critical components for achieving our mission and exceeding our goals
- Question Boundaries: We’re committed to questioning the status quo and changing the world through our people and our science
- Zap Obstacles: We strive to be pioneers. We’re resilient when it comes to navigating challenges, anticipated or not, scientific and otherwise
We are currently seeking a Manager, Total Rewards to join our Culture & People (CP) team to help create and maintain an environment where people can achieve their best. Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Culture & People the Manager, Benefits & HRIS will be responsible for maintaining, evaluating, and upgrading our benefits programs and HR information systems to ensure that our programs align with our company goals and make a positive impact on the company culture. We are looking for someone who is creative, tech savvy, customer service oriented, and who can thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Provides strategic and operational leadership in the design, development, implementation, administration, monitoring, and communication of our benefit programs
- Develops benefits strategy and philosophy and supporting policies and practices
- Serves as project leader for occasional Culture & People projects
- Represents the Culture & People department and serves as subject expert in projects that affect program delivery
- Partners and consults with CP staff and external vendors as a consultant to strategize and develop recommendations for benefit program
- Analyzes the market competitiveness and cost-effectiveness of our benefit plans to ensure they optimize our ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Administer benefit programs such as medical, dental, vision plans; life and disability insurance plans; 401(k) plan; and perquisite programs
- Plan and lead our annual US Benefits Open Enrollment process.
- Drafts written communication and enrollment materials, revises benefit summaries, revises benefit orientation documents, insures distribution and receipt of documents and process changes with vendors.
- Participate in employee on-boarding process as it related to benefits, 401k, and perquisite programs
- Ensure services follow professional recordkeeping, reporting standards, state and federal regulatory requirements and laws, including required notice distribution, non-discrimination testing, audits of benefit plans
- Maintains current knowledge of related government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security act (ERISA), FLSA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, OSHA, ACA, Worker’s Compensation, and other applicable Labor and/or Tax laws and regulations; fulfills compliance and reporting requirements.
- Oversee the management of our benefits vendor relationships, benefits contracts, and bid negotiation
- In partnership CP Team Business Partner, develops and administers the employee recognition program(s)
- In partnership with CP Team participates in the planning and execution of employee events
- Partner with Payroll when needed, to resolve issues on both health/welfare and 401(k) plans
- Stay current on new/innovative practices and trends in employee benefits and wellness
- Act as a cultural role model to the organization
- Have a track record of success in developing and implementing successful and creative benefit programs
- Work independently and collaboratively with the CP and Finance teams
- Commitment to customer service and employee experience
- Team oriented
- Detail oriented
- Bachelors degree
- At least 5 years of experience in benefits and HRIS systems
- Understanding of HIPAA, COBRA, and ACA relates laws and reporting requirements
- Firm grasp of regulatory compliance including 5500s for 401(k) and welfare benefits, ERISA, HIPPA, COBRA, FLSA, and other federal regulations
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- SPHR/PHR or Certified Benefits Specialist (CEBS) preferred
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. SQZ does not support relocation for this role.