Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Evaluate and interpret subsurface field and sampling data including soil and groundwater to develop conclusions concerning the environmental and geologic site conditions. Generate subsurface maps and cross-sections and collaborate with engineering and environmental scientist staff on projects. Oversee field monitoring and testing of soils including boring investigations and soil type classification. Interpret soil, bedrock and groundwater elevation and quality data. Prepare written plans and reports related to site investigations, assessments and remediation activities. Projects may include construction projects focusing on earthwork and structural foundations; well design and sampling; environmental assessments including Phase I/II site assessments; seismic risk assessments.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Developing level Geologist/ Hydrogeologist responsible for conducting analyses of component portions of projects; assignments are designed to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Assists in the collection and analysis of data from sampling, reports, maps, drawings, tests and aerial photographs to evaluate, plan and permit projects.
- Conducts water, soil and other sampling.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Outlines required investigative program(s) by selecting the proper alternative techniques to conduct site studies in field of expertise.
- May have limited client contact pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology or related field and a minimum of 1 year related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification in field of expertise.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Ridgeland, MS