Group Lead / Senior Scientist, Drug Discovery Cancer Biology
Location: Cambridge, MA
Kronos Bio seeks a highly motivated Senior Research Scientist to join its drug discovery team located in Cambridge, MA. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, this individual is expected to harness their substantial oncology background to help guide strategic scientific decisions and research program development. The applicant is expected to have a robust experimental skill-set, an eagerness for learning, and contribute to a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration in a fast-paced environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with R&D team members to preclinical development programs for novel cancer therapies
- Independently design, optimize and execute various assay formats such as cell-based bioassays (DualGlo, CTGlo, HTRF, HIiBiT, ELISA, CaspaseGlo, 3D cultures) in multiple plate formats
- Use a repertoire of protein biochemistry assays (WB, ICW, IP, IHC, pull-down) to clearly define the MOI of novel molecules
- Identify cell lines relevant to targets and indication of interest and develop cell-based assays
- Use literature survey to solve specific research problems
- Learn and implement new experimental techniques that can answer critical scientific questions and advance programs
- Manage direct reports and external resources (CRO) and including academic alliances
- Actively contribute to a focused, team-oriented atmosphere providing assistance and/or guidance to colleagues when needed
- Identify and implement scientific and logistical solutions in a multidisciplinary environment
- Make scientific contributions to ongoing projects and provide input to pipeline development
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety, comply with the safety manual and complete required training courses
- PhD in Biology/Biochemistry with a minimum of 4 years industry/biotech experience
- Ability to work independently and able to balance multiple tasks and projects.
- Diligent with details and timely execution and delivery of high-quality results.
- Strong background in basic research and translational research in oncology, including but not limited to high throughput screening, cell-based assays, molecular biology and protein chemistry.
- Familiarity with analysis of genomic and gene expression data sets.
- Experience working with CROs and/or compound management organizations required.
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, organization skills, and rigorous experimental record keeping using an ELN system are critical.
- Proven track record in reports management
- Collaborative, proactive and optimistic personality.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to careers-AT-kronosbio.com.
Kronos Bio, Inc., is dedicated to the research and development of first-in-class therapies that modulate historically “undruggable” cancer targets. Leveraging industry-leading research into high-throughput screening strategies for chemical modulators of transcription factors and other challenging targets in oncology, Kronos Bio utilizes its small molecule microarray (SMM) platform and extensive know-how in biological assay development to pursue novel therapies against some of the most important and intractable targets in cancer research
Location/Region: Cambridge, MA (02138)