Our Purpose: EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now:We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Associate Director of Accounting and Finance, the Accounts Payable Associate will be a key member of the Finance team. The Accounts Payable Associate will be primarily responsible for providing operational and administrative support to the Finance team by processing invoices, completing payments, resolving invoice processing questions, and communicating with vendors.
- Receive, organize, and enter a high volume of invoices, check requests, and vendor statements
- Work closely with various departments to ensure both finance and procurement systems are accurate
- Ensure invoices have proper remit-to location, approval, and account coding
- Manage monthly closing of AP and provide Open AP, aging reconciliations, and accruals
- Ensure timely and accurate payment which encompasses weekly check runs and wire payments
- Provide high caliber customer service by monitoring the AP mailbox and responding to inquiries
- Working with cross-functional team members to investigate and resolve AP issues
- Contribute to monthly close process by providing support to finance department
- Implementing controls and suggesting process improvements
- Ad hoc projects and possible ownership down the road of credit card and timecard reconciliations
- Adaptable and demonstrates resourcefulness to be proactive and solutions-oriented
- Ability to categorize identified issues to be used as input for process improvements
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and exceptional problem-solving ability
- Demonstrates ability to own/manage respective responsibilities and work with limited daily direction
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Technologically savvy with the ability to function and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1 plus years of experience in an accounts payable role
- Knowledge using NetSuite a plus
- Strong organizational skills and proactive work ethic
- Prior experience with data entry
- Attention to detail and team player
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. SQZ does not support relocation for this role.