Our Purpose: EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now: We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and independent Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join our Operations team. This cross-functional role will work closely with all R&D teams on troubleshooting, optimizing experiments and improving research workflows.
- Develop and execute in vitro and murine in vivo experiments to optimize R&D workflows
- Meticulously execute bench work, analyze data, troubleshoot, and communicate findings
- Perform in vitro assays using multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA/ELISPOT, and cellular biology methods
- Work closely with all R&D teams to discover areas of improvement and qualify any potential changes
- Write SOPs and maintain up to date knowledge on industry practices
- Recommend and effectively communicate potential changes to R&D scientists
- Contribute to the collective success of the entire SQZ team
- Work with skilled teams in a fast-paced, collaborative, and technical research environment
- Work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Design, execute and troubleshoot experiments
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and present data
- Effectively plan and organize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines
- Possess excellent organizational skills and “can-do” attitude
- BS/MS in bioengineering or related life sciences field and at least 3 years experience in life sciences research
- Expertise in aseptic technique, in vitro studies and experience culturing mammalian cells required
- Comfort with in vivo techniques required. Experience with in vivo techniques preferred
- Experience with standard immunological assays and familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques
- Experience acquiring and analyzing flow cytometry data preferred
- Experience with GraphPad Prism or similar statistical software preferred
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. SQZ does not support relocation costs for this position.