Our Purpose: EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now: We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
SQZ Biotechnologies is seeking a highly-motivated and passionate Research Associates for our Exploratory team. The selected individual will work on high-impact projects focused on the development of novel therapeutics for both internal projects and external partnerships. The successful candidate will contribute by utilizing cellular assays, immune cell phenotyping and pharmacology models including experiments focused on genome editing, cellular reprogramming, and development of cell-based therapies. They will also routinely collaborate with colleagues on a range of projects. This position represents a unique opportunity to interact with the greater scientific community including a spectrum of pharma and biotech partners involved in cutting-edge developments. Candidates must be able to start between July and August 2019.
- Conduct in vivo and in vitro experiments in preclinical models of disease, including development and testing of cell-based therapies
- Isolation, expansion, and maintenance of immune cells
- Characterization of cells using standard immunological assays
- Deliver biomolecules to cells using the SQZ device
- Maintain a lab notebook and contribute to supportive documentation when necessary
- Contribute to experimental design and project direction
- Provide critical lab support while working in a collaborative team environment
- Be comfortable working independently and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Enjoy working in collaborative team-based environment
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and present data
- Keep up-to-date with the literature related to his/her field
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and “can-do”
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, immunology or a relevant scientific field
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques (e.g. DNA extraction and PCR)
- Understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements
- Familiarity with in vivo immunological techniques strongly preferred
- Expertise in aseptic technique and cell culture with an emphasis on primary immune cells preferred
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel and experience with GraphPad Prism or similar statistical software preferred
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. SQZ does not support relocation for this role.