Our Purpose: EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now: We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
We are seeking to expand our Exploratory team with the addition of a Scientist with a background in cell and molecular biology. The successful candidate will have a passion for driving high-impact projects focused on the development of novel cell therapies and will be responsible for evaluating SQZ-engineered cells in therapeutic applications. Specifically, this candidate will aid in the design and validation of SQZ-engineered cell therapies utilizing both in vitro assays and in vivo studies to test rational combinations of therapeutics with the goal of advancing the project into clinical development. The qualified individual will have a strong background in cell and molecular biology.
This position requires excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as this candidate will be expected to work productively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment. Additionally, the successful candidate will contribute to the external scientific visibility of the company through collaboration with large pharmaceutical companies and serve as a subject matter expert in cell biology.
- Design, plan, and execute complex ex vivo and in vivo assays to evaluate therapeutic efficacy with human and murine engineered cells
- Manage and support external collaborations as a subject matter expert in cell and molecular biology
- Participate in an interactive, team-oriented culture, interfacing primarily with a variety of project teams.
- Mentor research associates and junior scientists
- Document work in notebooks and technical reports
- Prepare presentations for internal and external meetings
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute effectively in a cross-functional role
- Work independently and as part of a team consisting of a diverse group of science and engineering professionals
- Work well within a fast-paced, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Display excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ph.D. in cell biology, molecular biology or related discipline required
- Hands-on experience with genetic engineering of primary cells required.
- Experience in cancer biology or regenerative medicine strongly preferred
- Strong background in cell culture required
- Experience with transfection techniques such as electroporation, lipofection, and or viral transduction preferred
- Hands-on exposure to genome editing tools such as CRISPR/Cas9 or transient gene knockdown technologies such as RNAi a plus
- Prior experience with design of flow cytometry (FACS) panels and ability to perform analysis on both human and murine cells, tumors, and tissues a plus
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.