Our Purpose: EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now: We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
SQZ Biotechnologies is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative, and dynamic Research Associate for our Immunology team within R&D. This role is an opportunity to focus on developing novel immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer. The scope of this work will encompass the design and execution of in vitro and in vivo experiments for internally- and externally-focused research programs. This position requires effective collaboration across multiple groups and the regular presentation of scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
- Perform in vivo studies using murine disease models
- Meticulously execute bench work, analyze data, troubleshoot, and communicate findings
- Perform in vitro assays using multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA/ELISPOT, and cellular biology methods
- Deliver biomolecules to cells using the SQZ device
- Procure, organize and maintain inventory of materials needed for experiments
- Contribute to experimental design and project direction
- Maintain a lab notebook and contribute to supporting documentation when necessary
- Contribute to the collective success of the Immunology team
- Work with skilled teams in a fast-paced, collaborative, and technical research environment
- Work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Design, execute and troubleshoot experiments
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and present data
- Effectively plan and organize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines
- Possess excellent organizational skills and “can-do” attitude
- BS/MS in biology, immunology or relevant scientific field
- At least one year of cumulative experience in hypothesis-driven research setting required
- Prior experience with in-vivo models strongly preferred, comfort with in vivo models necessary
- Expertise in aseptic technique and experience culturing mammalian cells required
- Experience with standard immunological assays and familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques
- Experience acquiring and analyzing flow cytometry data preferred
- Experience with GraphPad Prism or similar statistical software preferred
- Comfort with learning in vivo techniques required. Experience with in vivo techniques preferred
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. SQZ does not support relocation for this role.