Our Purpose: EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now: We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
SQZ Biotechnologies is seeking to expand our Cancer Biology team with a Scientist/Sr. Scientist with a background in cancer immunology. The successful candidate will have a strong background in immunology and/or immuno-oncology and a passion for driving high-impact projects in the development of novel immune-therapies for oncology. The successful candidate will conduct literature review and bench-based research for the development of immuno-oncology therapeutics.
- Design, plan, execute, and analyze complex in vivo and ex vivo assays to evaluate immune responses in human systems and mouse models
- Use established models and develop novel murine tumor models to investigate SQZ immunotherapies
- Review current literature and contribute novel ideas to guide the pre-clinical development of novel cell-based cancer immunotherapies
- Manage therapeutically focused external collaborations (academic and industrial) as a subject matter expert in immuno-oncology
- Use established techniques and develop new methods to culture primary immune cells ex vivo
- Mentor research associates
- Document work in notebooks and technical reports
- Prepare presentations for internal and external meetings
- Participate in an interactive, team-oriented culture, interfacing with a variety of project teams
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Contribute effectively in a cross-functional role and serve as a subject-matter expert
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team consisting of a diverse group of science and engineering professionals
- Work well within a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented start-up environment
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- PhD in Immunology or Immuno-oncology required
- In-depth knowledge of immunology
- Experience in small animal handling
- Skilled in ex vivo and in vitro assays involving complex immune cell culture systems, flow cytometry, ELISA, ELISPOT, and intracellular cytokine staining
- Minimum of 2 years post-doctoral experience preferred
- Additional experience with molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, and mammalian cell transfection/transduction strongly preferred
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.