Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, Va.; Erwin, Tenn.; Mount Vernon, Ind.; Euclid, Ohio; Barberton, Ohio; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Welding Engineer - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Barberton, Ohio
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation, review, approval and release of written welding procedures in accordance with specifications and weld procedure qualifications
- Preparation and review of welding/fabrication plans (i.e., bead placement sketches, setup sheets, welding instructions)
- Qualification, documentation, and maintenance of welding procedures and welders/weld operators.
- Supervision of welders and welding operators on critical weld operations.
- Trouble shooting of welding operations (i.e., weldability issues, welding equipment failures)
- Identification, design, procurement, and implementation of welding equipment and/or fixture needs.
- Applicants must have theoretical understanding of the gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, shielded metal arc, submerged arc, and plasma arc welding processes.
- Actual welding proficiency is not required, but hands-on-experience is desirable.
- The Welding Engineer should have a working knowledge of commercial and/or military welding qualification and fabrication specifications through practical experience and/or school classes.
- Applicants must have a theoretical understanding of the welding of ferrous and non-ferrous base metals. This understanding includes but is not limited to the bulk base metal microstructure, bulk phase transformations of the base metals and weld metal that can occur during a welding process, and the proper selection of filler metals.
- A degreed Welding Engineer is required. Qualified candidates must be a U.S. citizen, able to receive a government security clearance, and pass pre-employment background and drug screening.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status. Nearest Major Market:
Akron Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Barberton, OH