Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
As a member of Regeneron’s Law Department, Transactions Law Group, the contracts manager will provide transactional support to Medical Affairs and Global Clinical Operations’ Site Contracting Group. This role will report to Senior Manager, Contracts.
• Draft and negotiate a range of clinical and commercial contracts within guidelines provided by attorneys, on a wide variety of matters including confidentiality, investigator-initiated research, compassionate use, patient advocacy, consulting, material transfer, expanded access programs, registry and outcome studies, service agreements, agreements with academic institutions and other collaborative or partnering agreements
• Proactively follow up with clients, attorneys and external parties from the time the contracting request is received through resolution/execution to ensure shortest cycle times
• Escalate contracting delays and issues to attorneys and other legal department members as appropriate and offer effective solutions to resolve issues
• Identify trends encountered during contract negotiations and propose solutions to resolve issues
• Prioritize and follow through on a high volume of client requests
• Resolve client requests in a professional and timely manner, escalating as necessary
• Understand and comply with all relevant procedures and policies
• Partner with Medical Affairs and Site Budgeting & Contracting to improve processes to create greater efficiencies, as necessary
• Assist in maintaining contract lifecycle management system and alert clients to key contract dates and actions (e.g. renewal, expiration etc.)
• Provide training to clients as needed on contract topics and processes to enhance their understanding and skill level in dealing with contracts and to enable overall efficiency
• Assist with special projects, including the development of contract tools, such as playbooks and guidance documents, to improve contracting efficiencies
• Bachelor's degree or completion of an ABA approved paralegal or legal assistant program
• 5+ years’ experience in a paralegal, contracting, or other contract role
• Experience in the pharmaceutical industry required
• Appetite for learning
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including strong drafting skills, attention to detail, presentation capabilities, interpersonal skills and conflict resolution.
• Ability to interact effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels of the organization and in a collaborative-team environment
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location/Region: Tarrytown, NY (10591)