At Recursion, we combine experimental biology, automation and artificial intelligence to quickly and efficiently identify treatments for human diseases. As an Associate on our Business Development team you will be working alongside our VP of Business Development to build strategic partnerships across large pharma & biotech and accelerate the development of current drug programs into the clinic and ultimately patients.
THE PROBLEMS YOU’LL SOLVE
- Convey Recursion’s disruptive approach to potential partners and investors. Blazing a new trail is never easy. As the external-facing arm of the company, Business Development is instrumental in articulating a compelling narrative for senior external audiences as to how Recursion’s industry-leading artificial intelligence platform can provide value for our partners. Working with biologists, chemists and data scientists, you will be responsible for crafting this narrative and designing ‘win-win’ collaboration models with prospective partners the propel our company forward.
- Accelerate development of existing and future programs through external partnership. As a drug discovery engine - we have more programs to work on than we know what to do with! As programs reach clinical readiness, you will help identify and evaluate go-to-market channels and prospective partners across pharma, biotech, and life science investors interested in further developing our lead compounds through diverse vehicles (e.g. license agreements, spin-out structures, joint ventures). Your task will be to build a strategy for when, where and how we access these channels, and subsequently help execute each transaction.
- Act as strategic SWAT team throughout the organization. We are a (hyper) growth-stage business with big goals and much to do. As part of your role, you will bring a strategic lens to organizational wide problems - ready, willing and able to be deployed across the company to take these on and drive towards data-supported solutions. In doing so, you will collaborate with other teams including Early Commercial Strategy, Biology, Data Science, Finance and Operations. The best thing about this role is the connectivity you will have between all of our teams!
THE EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- 1 - 3 years of work experience across strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity or venture capital, with exposure to healthcare highly preferred
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in biology, chemistry or scientific field of relevance to drug discovery
- Demonstrated interest at the intersection of science and business. For example, involvement in investment clubs, consulting clubs, entrepreneurship coursework, or similar biotech-focused activities
- Mastery of Microsoft powerpoint and excel
- Unabashed attention to detail and ‘go-get-em’ personality
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums (in most cases 100%)
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter) in addition to flexible, generous vacation/sick leave
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our new headquarters
- Gleaming new 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking
WHAT WE DO
Recursion, a clinical-stage biotech based in Salt Lake City, combines experimental biology, automation, and artificial intelligence in a massively parallel system to quickly and efficiently identify treatments for human disease. Our industry-leading, tech-first approach will enable treatments for diseases in a fraction of the typical timeframe and at a fraction of the cost. To date, we have raised over $200M from some of the world’s most visionary investors to achieve this goal and have been recognized as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies in Artificial Intelligence by Fast Company (2019).
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Check out what it is like to work at Recursion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOENLieOd8
Location/Region: Salt Lake City