Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Under general supervision of the Director, Business Development, independently elicits and evaluates Yale invention disclosures, and develops and executes commercialization strategies for invention disclosures from Yale investigators as appropriate.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in science or related field and a minimum of three years of experience in industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level of knowledge of biomedical science and technology developments. Demonstrated knowledge in one or more scientific disciplines. High energy, enthusiastic sales orientation. Ability to process multiple projects. Ability to work closely with academic investigators. Excellent listening, oral presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to understand the process of moving academic discoveries to the private sector. Ability to understand the process of intellectual property management.
- Ability to evaluate market potential for projected products - revenue, expense and return on investment analyses. Ability to develop and recommend commercialization strategies for academic inventions. Ability to work closely with academic investigators.
- High level of ethics and integrity in professional matters; sensitivity for confidentiality and scrupulous commitment to the best interests of Yale University.
- Strong software application skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), web-based information retrieval and information/database management.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Advanced degree in biology or chemistry. Three to five years experience in licensing, corporate business development, or venture capital investments. Industry experience; Ph.D, JD, or MBA.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/YaleCareers-56339BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Location/Region: New Haven