Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
As part of the Law Department, this attorney will serve as counsel for the company in connection with licensing, business development and strategic transactions. This attorney will be responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements and providing advice to senior management regarding proposed transactions, as well as compliance with existing contractual obligations, company policy and the law. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in structuring complex transactions, drafting agreements and transactional documents, advising on intellectual property matters and licensing arrangements, general corporate matters, risk management and regulatory matters relevant to the biotechnology and pharmaceuticals industries. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in effectively and collaboratively counseling clients.
• Works closely with senior management and the business development team on major corporate initiatives, including collaborations, partnerships, licensing agreements, etc.
• Supports critical collaborations with the alliance management team and serves as an advisor as required.
• Negotiates and drafts highly sophisticated licensing, collaboration and other agreements, often where no precedents exist.
• Works closely with the intellectual property department to ensure proper protection of intellectual property assets.
• Advises on relevant regulatory and legal matters impacting existing or proposed arrangements, including privacy, antitrust, securities and corporate law and regulations.
• Oversees and coordinates relevant legal matters handled by outside counsel.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Draft, negotiate and bring to execution critical agreements for the company.
• History of self-motivation, working independently on projects, meeting aggressive deadlines, and juggling multiple matters.
• History of proven leadership and the ability to manage cross-function teams that include employees at different levels of the company.
• BA/BS and JD with excellent law school credentials.
• Must have demonstrated expertise with negotiating and drafting complex agreements in the biotech, pharmaceutical and/or life sciences area (biotech preferred).
• In-house experience preferred.
• Minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience. Deal sheet preferred with CV.
• Licensed to practice law in New York or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location/Region: Westchester County