Poised at the crossroads of biology and computation, Recursion is revolutionizing the pharmaceutical industry’s approach to drug discovery. Our unique platform leverages the most advanced biology, high-throughput automation, and artificial intelligence to rapidly discover treatments for rare diseases, diverse immune and inflammatory diseases and new indications in the future.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
In the Discovery organization, you will lead project teams as a member of our Disease Biology group. Using cellular and molecular biology techniques, you will drive multiple Immunology programs forward in parallel. Time is of the essence, and you will need to identify the most rapid way to make go/no-go decisions for each program in your purview.
This role is ideal for someone who thrives on continuous learning and endless variety. On any given day, you'll work with a team to research multiple diseases as they come through the pipeline and drive quantitative biology approaches to rapidly enable us to prioritize or deprioritize compound hits for further research. In addition, you will execute, automate and scale critical decision making assays, manage projects and teams, communicate results and conclusions to a broader audience and champion candidate molecules towards clinical development.
For this role, we are looking for people who are eager to:
- Lead- You will act as a project champion to ensure the team is focused on decision making experiments.
- Deliver- You will need to mentor and guide your project team to deliver high quality results that lead to key decisions to advance or discontinue programs across multiple diseases simultaneously.
- Collaborate- You will work cross functionally with team members outside of Discovery, including Data Science, Software Engineering, and High Throughput Screening teams to drive our projects forward.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- A Ph.D. in Immunology with a background in innate immunity preferred.
- Industry-based small molecule Immunology drug discovery experience preferred.
- Proven experience in evaluating and prioritizing candidates for further study and an ability to lead simultaneous projects
- You will be considered at a level comparable to your experience
- Principal Scientist 15+ years experience, 7+ years in industry
- Senior Scientist 10+ years experience
- Scientist 2+ years of post-doctoral experience
- A record of outstanding past projects, publications, and collaborations
- A passion for reading biological/medical literature and ability to rapidly understand new disease areas
PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums (in most cases 100%)
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter) in addition to flexible, generous vacation/sick leave
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our new headquarters
- Gleaming new 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking
WHAT WE DO
Recursion, a clinical-stage biotech based in Salt Lake City, combines experimental biology, automation, and artificial intelligence in a massively parallel system to quickly and efficiently identify treatments for human disease. Our industry-leading, tech-first approach will enable treatments for diseases in a fraction of the typical timeframe and at a fraction of the cost. To date, we have raised over $200M from some of the world’s boldest investors to achieve this goal and have been recognized as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies in Artificial Intelligence by Fast Company (2019).
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Check out what it’s like to work at Recursion: https://youtu.be/UpOENLieOd8
Location/Region: Salt Lake City