This role is responsible for cultivating and capturing new business opportunities on behalf ofthe company through inbound leads and outbound strategy. The Director, NBD engages in all stages of the pre-launch cycle, from prospecting toleading capabilities presentations, preparing responses to RFPs, leading thepitch process and negotiating contracts. Able to effectively qualify prospects,present customized solutions to senior executives and build long term relationshipsto IXM. This role will take all appropriate and necessaryaction to ensure prospective clients regard the company in high esteem and relyupon us as their resource for present and future experiential marketingcommunications solutions. Reporting to the VP, Client Development, the Director, NBDhas 6-8 years of direct industry experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includebut are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.The duties and responsibilities as outlinedin this Job Description may be changed from time to time by the Corporation, asit deems necessary, without further notice to the Employee.
Greater than 2 million in closed new business annually
- Maintain a high level of sales activity throughprospecting calls, face-to-face appointments, presentations, referrals andnetworking events.
- Responsible for forecasting revenue opportunities
- Lead all aspects of capabilities presentations, sales presentations,pitches and proposal generation
- Provide strategy and creative direction internallyincluding preparation of creative briefs and communicate with the accountmanagement teams (if applicable) to ensure that client objectives are beingmet. Also, interfaces with creativeand management team to develop creative proposals.
- Travel to events for business development purposes, prospect / clientappointments, engagement of new client contacts and project delivery.
- Serve as a strategic partner to prospectiveclients by driving solutions that deliver measurable business results. Goal isto meet with high level sales and marketing executives to be part of theirstrategic planning and brand communication initiatives.
- Through research of client organization and business landscape, bring aconsultative approach by creating new ideas, approaches and customizedsolutions that are outside of the RFI/RFP circle that clients can considerdeploying in order to exceed their brand objectives.
- Successfully lead the transition of the client moving from the newbusiness development team to the account management team.
- Adhereto all Impact XM processes and policies accurately and efficiently
Manages 1 - 3 employees in the Client DevelopmentDepartment. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, andevaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordancewith the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities includeinterviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, anddirecting work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/orability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.(CanadianPositions: Accommodations will be made, up to undue hardship, for employeesthat advise accommodation is required pursuant to the prohibited grounds of thehuman rights legislation.)
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university;and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the event marketing and/or trade showindustry; and 2 years’ experience in business development in the eventmarketing and/or trade show industry; or equivalent combination of educationand experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret generalbusiness periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, orgovernmental regulations.Ability to writereports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively present informationand respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and thegeneral public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such asprobability and statistical inference.Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, andproportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with avariety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizationexists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written,oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individualshould have knowledge of MS Dynamics Accounting software and Microsoft Officesuite of software.
The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, theemployee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee isoccasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel andreach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to10 pounds.Specific vision abilitiesrequired by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usuallymoderate.