PURPOSE: Responsible for providing clerical and data entry assistance for the Accounts Payable department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebars vision and values.
- Enter and post invoices into the accounts payable system.
- Scan and email invoices to locations for approval.
- Code and voucher all purchase order invoices.
- Answer vendor inquiries regarding payment and communicate with internal personnel to resolve problems.
- Print checks on a weekly basis.
- Match paid invoices to check stubs.
- Maintain paid invoice files.
- Review vendor statements.
- Coordinate freight invoice entry.
- Perform month end processes.
- Perform other duties required by the supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Two to three years of prior experience in accounts payable or equivalent work history
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (especially Excel)
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential
- Must maintain confidentiality with regard to financial information
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Two-year degree in accounting a plus
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Typical office activities
- Walking, sitting, standing, bending
- Using hands to operate objects, tools, computers, and other electronic equipment
- Lifting/handling computers and related equipment (typically not more than 25 pounds).
- Vision abilities including close vision and adjusting focus
- Moderate noise level
Harris Rebar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Ontario, CA